We're hiring! 🎉
Our team is looking to add a Data Viz Developer.
This position is remote.
Who We Are
We’re The DataFace, a small (but growing!) data visualization agency founded in 2017. We’ve worked with major brands, journalists and nonprofits to help them tell interactive stories and build tools with their data. Our team has an eclectic set of interests, which we’ve applied to work ranging from the serious to light-hearted.
We’re gearing up for a year filled with exciting clients and plenty of original projects, which is why we need you!
Who You Are
You have a strong background in data visualization development, who can help bring ideas for clients and The DataFace website to life. You’re comfortable using datasets both large and small to generate insightful data viz. You’re a creative thinker and continual learner, ready to work in an environment that requires you to be both.
You would be responsible for:
- Pitching new ideas for creative data stories to both our internal team and clients.
- Turning complex datasets into intuitive and compelling visuals.
- Designing and building interactive visualizations optimized for the web.
- Learning and implementing new boundary-pushing data visualization methods like 3D and VR.
- A great eye for design, ideally with experience using programs like Figma, InVision, or the Adobe Suite.
- A personal portfolio that lives on the web, full of beautifully designed, data-driven projects.
- Ability to manage a fast-paced environment where you’ll juggle multiple projects at once.
Nice to have:
- Data analysis, preferably in Python (although R works too!)
- Strong writing and storytelling skills, as demonstrated through previously published work.
- Comfort interacting and building rapport with clients.
Send us an email at email@example.com with your resume, a link to your portfolio, and anything else you think might be relevant (your GitHub, d3 blocks, etc.).